Monday 26 March 2007

Cherub: The Recruit by Robert Muchamore

Firstly, I need to admit that this was another of those audio books which have turned me into a geek who loves driving her car simply in order to listen to books! I wanted to drive for 5 hours straight with this one, as I could instantly tell that it was going to be one of my favourite series of books (along with Malorie Blackman’s trilogy).

‘The Recruit’ is about James, an ordinary boy, who leads an ordinary life with his mum and sister; until his mum has a heart attack and dies, and he is taken into care. James’ care workers realise that his naughty-boy behaviour might be used to his advantage, so they place him in ‘Cherub’; an organization for kid spies. After all, who would suspect a child?

The 100 day induction is tough… but James has Kerry as his partner and the book tracks both of their successes at training as well as on their first ‘jobs’. An interesting twist adds a bitter sweet touch at the end!

This is a must read for anyone who, like me, would quite like to be a spy or a secret agent!!!

Miss Robinson

No comments: